Sunday, November 25, 2012

that one weekend in september

 
A few years ago, Courtney and I decided that to celebrate our August birthdays, we would take a weekend trip.  Last year we ended up spending our August and September in the hospital, so we decided that this year was cause for a definite celebration!  Late September the two of us headed to Park City to spend a few days together.  We had a perfect weekend!
 
On Saturday, we decided to go to the Olympic park to ride the zip lines.  We noticed they had a new high adventure course, and at the last minute decided to give it a try.  It was so high, and I'm not so big on heights.  At first, I stared down at the ground, held on for dear life, and wondered what in the heck I was thinking.  As we got going, though, I loved it!  We had such a fun time.  It's been quite a year, and after everything my body has gone through this past year, it felt so great to push myself again.
 
 




 

 
By the last few obstacles, my legs were completely shot!  We both had to laugh when I looked at Courtney as I was hanging there and told him "They are done!  My legs are done!"  I didn't know what to do except laugh!  For a minute, I thought someone was going to have to come rescue me!  With one last push, I was able to get enough momentum to pull myself to the last obstacle, and we made it back down to the ground safe and sound! 
 
 
We definitely want to bring the girls up there next summer to spend the day. 



 
 
I'm so thankful to have this guy in my life.  

No comments: