Thursday, January 28, 2010

thursdays


There must be something about Thursdays.


I'm always grouchy on Thursdays. Last week I posted about being grouchy on a Thursday. And today I'm grouchy, too. And the Thursday before, I wrote a post (that in a brief moment of wisdom I never published) titled "my morning from h-e-double toothpicks". What is it about Thursdays?


To help myself (and my poor but not innocent family), I have attempted an intervention. And so it is that I am currently treating myself to some strawberries and a bit of dark chocolate. It's only 9:30 am and I'm already hitting the hard stuff. Some days require serious solutions.


On a lighter note, I'm back to exercising. I mean, I have 3 out of 4 days this week. So I'm thinking that pretty much makes me a professional exerciser. And if Jillian Michaels doesn't have me whipped into shape in 12 weeks, then I'm at a loss as to what will do the job.


She's kicking my pants.


And while we are talking about pants, I have about 127 pair in my laundry room that are due for a cleaning. Laundry. . .never have liked the stuff.


Which reminds me that a member of the relief society presidency called the other day. The conversation went something like this:


"Hi Kelly, is this a bad time? I hear a baby in the background."


"Oh, it's a fine time. There's always someone in the background."


"Well, I was wondering if I could talk to you. We're having an activity next week about organization."


"Well, I'm not."


"Oh (nervous laugh), you're funny. Actually, a little bird (thanks mom!) told me you have a really neat way of organizing your games and toys. We were wondering if you could come and share your system with us?"


"Oh really? That's funny. The only system I have with my toys is this: there isn't one. (Except for Emmy. She has a very cool system of shoving everything under her bed). And the only idea I have for organizing games was the one my mom taught me. You know that little birdie? It was HER idea."


(That's the beauty of living in the same ward as your mom. And you're especially lucky if you have one who makes you seem like you're super talented when it is really all her talent in the first place. A really good mom will throw you under the bus like that. I would suggest you never, ever live in the same ward as your mom. That is, if it wasn't so fun. And if she didn't help you out all the time. And now that I'm thinking about it, actually-living down the street from your mom pretty much saves your life. Except at moments like this.)


So, next week, I'll be taking a little bit of time to speak at enrichment night about my host of organizing ideas. Oh, sorry. Those would be my moms ideas. I'm sure it will be pretty entertaining. In fact, if you wanted to be extra entertained, you could come and visit our house prior to listening to me speak about organization.


You'd really get a good laugh.


But, enough of the rambling. Seems the strawberries and chocolate are doing the trick. I can now smile. I can take a good, deep breath. And maybe, I can do the dishes. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Chocolate fixes everything.


Even Thursdays.

3 comments:

Darcie said...

The only thing that would've made this post better is if you'd actually titled it "the thursday from hell."

(You might as well know Kelly. Sometimes I say hell. Hopefully you still like me. And if you don't, then let me remind you what you did at the drug and alcohol free conference when you were in high school).

Darcie said...

Oh, and not that you want to hear this, but Thursday is actually one of my favorite days of the week... because I'm thinking "only 1 more day until the weekend!" I share this not to annoy you, but maybe that train of thinking will make Thursdays better for you too. :)

dippyrooroo said...

Oh Kelly, I haven't had time to read your blog for forever, and I'm just loving taking a second to catch up! You're so funny and fun and thoughtful! I'm so glad you are my friend! I'm just sad you are my far away friend!