Sunday, February 8, 2015

pumpkin patch

Thank goodness our good friends, the Johns, take pity on us every year by letting us pick pumpkins on their farm.  I mean, check these pictures out.  Now that's a pumpkin patch!  Every year I have great pumpkin growing ambitions, and every year we end up back at Greg and Amanda's patch.  It's a sad gardener that can't grow a good pumpkin and I'm afraid that's me.  But I'm sure I'll keep trying.  

Also, I always think I'll limit the kids (and me, who am I kidding) to one pumpkin each.  But every year we end up with 3 or 4 per person.  There's just so many cute ones!  Little, tiny ones and big fat perfect-for-carving ones.  Pumpkins that have the perfect stems, the best shape, the fun colored ones, or the odd, warty ones.  I have a love affair with pumpkins. 

They always tell us to pay them in homemade chocolate chip cookies.  I think we owe them about a hundred dozen.  

I sure love living in the country.






No comments: