Wednesday, September 8, 2010

my perfect party planners

So, a few weeks ago, it was my birthday.  And to be honest, I was a bit out of sorts

You might say I was just plain grouchy.

I knew Courtney would be out of town, and so I wasn't planning on anything fancy.  Just a regular old day (if there is such a thing).  I woke up that morning and set out for a jog, hoping a little sunshine and some exercise would do me good. 

What I found when I got home did me better than a run ever could.


Seems I'm raising a few first class party planners.

The living room was decorated, complete with ribbon draped from the ceiling.  The girls were nearly giddy with excitement, and we iimmediately launched into party mode. 

Later, I found this list on the chalk board.
Party Plan
1.  Dance
2.  Games
3.  Presents
4.  Cake

And that, my friends, is exactly how my party went down. 

1.  A little dancin'.

2.  A few games: blind mans bluff and four corners.


3.  Presents.  This was my favorite part.  Each of the girls had carefully chosen one of their own toys, stuffed animals, or books and wrapped each of them in wrapping paper or a blanket tied with ribbon.  Those are always my favorite gifts.  Straight from the heart.


4.  Cake.  Kate kindly donated the cake she had made at Emmy's birthday party the previous day.  Of course, no cake is complete without candles and a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday To You!"  It was so cute I didn't care if it was nine o'clock in the morning.  You can bet we ate some cake.


My cute girls thought of everything.  The sad thing is that I was having such a rough week that I don't know if I even showed them how much it meant to me.  But now?  I can hardly look at the pictures without my heart nearly swelling right out of my chest. 

I freely admit my girls are not perfect. 

But coming from a not-so-perfect birthday girl?  I'll tell you what. . .

These are the perfect girls for me.

No comments: