Monday, October 1, 2012

kate turned ten and we had a party (waaaay back in june!)

 
Miss Kate turned TEN years old this June!  To celebrate, we had a party.  A real party, even with friends and activities!  (That doesn't happen but maaaaybe once in my poor girl's birthday careers.)   It wasn't too fancy, but we sure had fun.  The girls roasted hot dogs (brats actually- Kate's favorite), made cool tie-dye shirts with markers, and had cake and ice cream. 
 
 


For a fun craft, the girls made these cool t-shirts.  It was super easy and super fun!  The girls wrapped their shirts over paper cups with rubber bands, decorated the part that was stretched over the cup with  markers, and then soaked it with rubbing alcohol (using a syringe) to make the marker bleed.  It was a super duper easy way to tie-dye and we had a lot of fun doing it.  Even Claire made a shirt!



 
 
I just have to say that these girls are some of the nicest girls I know and I feel so blessed that Kate has them as friends.  Being the extra mile kind of mom that I am, I only let my girls invite 4-5 friends to their party, and so there were quite a few more cute girls Kate would have liked to have invited but couldn't.  Anyway, I was so worried to start a new school last year and then we added even more chaos with me being so sick.  I couldn't have asked for a kinder, more thoughtful group of friends to help Kate through a hard time.  They made what could have been a very difficult year into one of the best school years Kate has had.  It makes me want to cry when I think of what a blessing they have been for her.  I would be sooooo happy if they could continue their friendship 'til they are little 'ol ladies!


Happy Birthday, Kater Bugs!  We sure love you!

No comments: