Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"niner, niner, niner!"


We can't believe it!  Our Kater-Bug is NINE years old!

This year, Kate celebrated her birthday with traditional donut breakfast and presents in the morning.  What a great way to start off a big day!  She was excited to receive some cute clothes, a cute matching nightgown for her and her doll Emily, and a snorkel & mask to use at our upcoming trip to Lake Powell. 

Of course, no present-giving at our house would be complete without a "Heavy, heavy, hang over THY POOR HEAD. . ." (followed by a big "What do you wish with a BUMP on the head?"  (Courtesy of Grandpa Croney).




Kate and I made a trip to the grocery store where I was more than happy to let her pick out a store-bought birthday cake.  Usually, the girls put in an order for me to make, but I thought this sounded a little nicer.  Luckily, Kate was thrilled.  She picked out a chocolate cookies-and-cream version, and we asked them to write "Happy Birthday Kate!" in lime green letters (her favorite color).  After we bought the cake, she gave me hug and told me, "Mom, I love you more than words can say."  I'll buy a cake any day if I can hear sweet nothings like that!  (Statements like this are such a part of sweet Kate.  I can always count on hug, a kiss, and words of thank-you from her.  I love this about her. )

In the afternoon, we headed to Great Grandma and Grandpas little cabin in Idaho for their annual steak-fry.  Kate was excited to play with cousins and got her fair share of birthday wishes.  On the way home, we stopped at Grandpa and Grandma Jones' house for dinner and cake and ice cream. 





We love you so, so much Kate!  From those first days that I held you as a baby, your Dad and I could tell what a sweet, kind little spirit you had.  There is something so special, unique, and strong about you.  We admire you and are so proud of all you are and the good girl you are becoming.  We can't wait to see what you bring to life!  Love you so much!  Happy Birthday!

No comments: