Sunday, July 7, 2013

wowza. . .a teenager!

It's official!  Ryenne is a real live teenager! 
 
The morning of her birthday, we were (barely) awake when the door rang at about 5:30 am.  When we opened the door, this is what we found.  First of all, we laughed our heads off.  Second of all, Ryenne shouted "Brylee!!!"  Her good friend Brylee had quietly snuck this giant donkey pinata on our porch and made her escape.  These two girls have this thing about being "ninjas"- and after this stunt, I believed it! 
 
 
 
A month or so before her birthday, I got a call one afternoon from someone speaking in a British accent (a very convincing one, actually) wanting to know if I wanted to buy a donkey.  To make a long story short, it turned into a lengthy conversation, with the anonymous (although I had a pretty good idea who it was)caller making a witty response to every statement I made. 
 
Needless to say, I did not buy a donkey. 

 
 
 

As it turned out, I didn't have to!  You can't believe the size of this thing!


 Later that night, Ryenne's friends pulled off a surprise birthday party.  After some pizza, we went to the bowling alley- where these cute girls pulled off some of the most creative bowling moves I've ever seen.











 
It was such a fun night to kick off this teenager stage of our lives. 
A few things about Ryenne right now:
 
1.  She is super funny.  Really.
2.  She has really great friends.  I love those girls.
3.  She is almost taller than I am.  Eeek!
4.  We can share shoes (except one of us is a better sharer than the other.  Guess who?)
5.  She borrows my make-up, which only bugs me when I have to go track it down.
6.  She has a great relationship with her dad - not that sparks don't fly sometimes (let's be real, here)
but they are really great together.  I love watching them together.
7.  She's smart, she's beautiful, and she is looking way too grown up all the sudden.
8.  I'm so glad to navigate this rocky new teenage road with her as our guide, although wow
9.  She loves alone time with mom or dad.  I think she things being an only child would be pretty
nice sometimes, but in reality she'd probably hate it.  
10.  We sure love our Ryenne girl.  So glad she's ours.
 


No comments: