Sunday, July 7, 2013

the wizard of oz



This Spring Kate and Emmy decided to take part in the school play, The Wizard of OZ.  Emmy was a bunny rabbit and Kate was a cornstalk.  (I mentioned before how disappointed she was with that role, but developed a pretty good sense of humor about it by telling people, "I'm all ears!" 

 
We had a pretty good chuckle when we went to the play.  Kate came onstage with the other cornstalks, chewing gum (later my mom mentioned that maybe she should have swallowed it and Kate told her she had 4 pieces in her mouth- so we're talking some pretty serious chewing here).  They were supposed to wave their arms around and lets just say that Kate was looking less than enthusiastic about the whole thing.  There were even a few yawns involved.  It made me laugh because that is our Kate.  What you see is what you get.  Not much of one to put on a show and act like she's having a great time when she's a cornstalk.  Can't say that I blame her! 
 
 
Emmy was much more enthusiastic about her bunny part and was pretty energetic about hopping around the stage.  Overall, I think they both had a good time being with thier friends!

Kat








No comments: