Sunday, June 23, 2013

i like you just the way they are



Last week was our WO-JO family reunion with Courtney's family.  We had a great time.  One highlight was when the adults and some of the older kids gathered for Aunt Alyssa's unveiling of Top Gun.  An oldie but goodie, that one.  All of us children of the 80's had a chance to reminice about all that good music, hair, etc that we lived through.  That decade was so rad. 

Alyssa had to do some pretty good censoring of a few scenes.  Oh, and some of the aunts (and teenage girls) might have been dying over a certain volleyball scene.  Because, you know.  I think it was the music?





So that night I was almost asleep when Courtney cuddled close, grinned and said, "I'm sorry I don't look like those guys in the movie."  Good old me, wanting to reassure him that I didn't need any of that when I had my own stud muffin to admire, woke up just enough to let this slip out of my mouth:  "Babe, I like you just the way they are".



I'll tell you this much.  I'm never gonna live that one down.

No comments: