Friday, June 14, 2013

never a dull moment

 
I've got a little bit of catching up to do!  I've been going through our old pictures and here are a few that made me smile. . .

Claire and her pal Reese
 

One of the kids took this with my phone while we were driving.  Loved it.


It's beginning to look like we just lock this kid a cage all the time!




Emmy and Halle went to cousin Mathew's "mad scientist" party and had a great time (my favorite part of their outfits were the moustaches drawn by Mathew's older brothers Jeremiah and Brayden!).  Later I found out they had been putting these fancy outfits to use by conducting science experiments in our garage.  Thank you, Aunt Kerri!

 Claire came home from preschool panicked because she didn't think she had anything green to wear for St. Patrick's Day.  So, like any good mother would do, I set out to put her fears to rest.  I think we rocked it, don't you?

 Redneck fun at it's finest.  I'm impressed with the helmet, though.



 One of my friends brought Sam over a little pair of cowboy boots.  Cowboy boots + Sam = happy boy!


 
 
 His sisters loooove dressing him up.  I'm pretty sure this will come in handy as blackmail material some day.

 Kate is the best sleeper ever. 
 
She and her friends set their hearts on getting together and braiding each other's hair in tiny little braids and beads.  She was so excited and was a leeeeetle bit upset with me (thus the look on her face in this picture) when I made her take them out for church the next morning.  I'm such a party pooper.  Since then, she has been asking me no less than two times a day if I will braid and bead her hair.  One of these days I'm going to get on that.

 I walked into Ryenne's room one day and found this design.  Made out of candy.  Ever the artist, that one.

 The kids have something they play with their cousins at Grandma Jones' called "Kids World".  It's pretty awesome, actually.  They have an economy set up, complete with a monetary system, little shops (everyone has a different type of service they offer), and homes.  Also, there are policeman, a mayor, etc.  Most everything is made out of rocks, etc.  This has been going on for years.  A month or so ago, Emmy and Jonathon (her cousin) were married.  I smiled when I saw the invitation!   Ahhhhh, love.



 
I hate it when kids say they are bored - it drives me crazy. 
Because really?  Find something to do, then!  My kids can attest to this.  I often tell them, "Only boring people get bored!" 
 
After looking through all these pictures, I've concluded that we are not boring people.  Crazy maybe, but not boring. 

No comments: