Thursday, May 2, 2013

i did something really awesome the other day

So the other morning I was out in the yard trimming stuff.  You  know, the plants that should have been trimmed last fall, but weren't.  And since I didn't really know how to do it, I just took the trimmer thingies and whacked away to my hearts content.  We'll see how that goes. 

To keep myself occupied whilst hacking at my bushes, I was talking on the phone to my sister.  And then I noticed I was feeling a little hot.  Well, I must have been feeling really hot, if you know what I mean, because I yanked my sweatshirt off.  It took me a minute or two to notice that it was feeling really breezy.  You know why?  I looked down to remember that I didn't have a t-shirt on under that 'ol sweatshirt.  Just my undies.  (And a you-know-what, thankfully.  I say 'thankfully' because that is not always the case.) 

First, I got dressed.  Second, I looked around to see that the road was blessedly bare.  No neighbors to see me hanging out in my skivvies, working in the front yard.  Except for the farmer on the tractor across the street, that is.



Lucky guy.  Bet he's still laughing. 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey I am right there with you.
I once walked out in my garments for the fast offerings boy. And stood there for a second saying to myself that did not just happen!! Oh it did!!

Darcie said...

:) way too funny. We're getting old, what can I say.

Val said...

Ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha Ha! Oh, that's so funny. Sounds like something I'd do. It's the old mother brain. Ha ha ha!