Friday, April 19, 2013

hawaii. . .our favorite pastime


If I were to ask the kids what their favorite thing about Hawaii was, I'm guessing it would be boogie boarding at Pounders, hands down.  I knew of this fun little beach from my college days, and it ended up being the perfect place for us to play.  The waves were just the right size, the sand was perfect, and we were almost always the only ones there.  We ended up going there almost every day- and always had a blast!  My favorite thing to do was to sit on the beach and watch the girls play with their Dad.  Sheer joy!









Kate would always make us laugh so hard.  She was rarely able to catch a wave, and would get pounded, again and again.  She would stand up with her hair all awry, sand everywhere, and just smile!  Being the trooper that she is, she would just go right back at it every time!   I was looking over our pictures and smiling at the fun memories from our afternoons at the beach.  I asked Kate, "how many times do you think you got pounded?"  I didn't expect an answer, but she replied, "Do you need an exact number?" 








 








1 comment:

DLonna said...

Our you on instagram. I would love to follow you.