Wednesday, January 25, 2012

christmas eve 2011


Holy Moley.  I'm about a month late on this one, eh? 

We had a fantastic Christmas this year.  I love Christmas Eve almost as much as I love Christmas day (I get that from my mom).  This year didn't disappoint.  We spent the early afternoon at the matinee, which has become a fun tradition.  Following the movie, we headed straight for Grandma's house for a celebration!

Every year it's the same:

Lots of fun family.
White elephant gift exchange.
Acting out the nativity.
Candles and Silent Night.
New pajamas!
Giddy children.  (I love that part!)

This year Kate was so excited to be Mary, especially when her best buddy Brayden played the part of Joseph.  And the star of the show?  Why, Mr. Samuel, of course.  He loved the spotlight!



Due to Grandpa's recent back surgery, Uncle Shawn took over the donkey duties this year.  

This year we added something new. . .an ugly Christmas sweater contest.  When he heard the news, my man immediately conjured up an idea.  I have to say he made a might handsome "cousin Eddy".  And, he took the grand prize. 








 

The highlight of the white elephant gifts was definitely Shawn's size 18 shoes.  In neon orange, no less!  It it not often that Shawn (who has worn a size 14 since about the 8th grade) encounters a pair of shoes that are too big!  In fact, Courtney asked him if he's ever found a pair of shoes that were too big for him, and he said "no, never"!  My mom found them at the DI.  They were so big she wrapped them in an orange box.  We had a good laugh that Uncle Shawn was the one who got them.


Finally, late in the evening, we said our goodbyes, and headed  home to set out our stockings and cookies for Santa. 
 

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments: