Ryenne wasn't feeling very good one weekend, and Sam came to the rescue. She commented, "if you ever feel sick- call mister sam to the rescue!" He cheers us all up whenever anyone's down. Not too long ago, I asked Courtney, "What are we going to do when we don't have a baby around anymore?" There's just something about soft, squishy cheeks, cute little voices, and sweet little personalities that takes the grouchy edges of all of us!
Other March/April happenings:
1. Courtney finished most of the trim in the addition and I finally got it painted! Hooray! One more project checked off the list. . .only a hundred and ten more to go! (One day, while I was
2. Court and I took a trip to Savannah, Georgia and loved it.
3. Ryenne turned 14. Fourteen! We're having heart attacks around here! (Especially dad! You know that part about dad's finding it hard to have boys getting interested in their little girls? Yip.)
4. Kate spent one gazillion hours on her Middle Ages project for school and I said a few bad words about it. Sorry, Mrs. Jones. (She earned the coveted "Queen for a day". I'm not sure "Queen for a century" would be enough. :)
5. We started the back yard (it's been on our list for about ten years, and yes, Courtney was right about the "last hurrah" thing. . .) We killed the back lawn, and Courtney moved the swing set and monkey bars with his backhoe- the redneck way. My grandpa built those when my mom was a little girl and I've never seen the back yard without them. We're going to put them in a different corner of the yard when we're done. I can't wait, although it may be a long few months until the seed grows in. No grass equals lots of dust, muddy dog feet, and dirty kids!
Before we know it, it'll be summertime! Hooray!