Tuesday, March 27, 2012

i love this job



I just needed to interrupt my to-do list to write a quick thought:

I love my job.



I love being able to take care of the people I love.
Making snacks and cleaning up messes.
Wiping away tears, giving squeezes.  Lullabies.
Making up silly words and belting them out in our "crazy voices".
Baking cookies.
Swapping out winter for spring flowers.  Even though they're not real, the new, fresh feeling is.
Cleaning and keeping house.
Cute hairdo's that send my girls off to school with a smile.
Teaching and loving. 
Dramatic growing up moments that make me grouchy when they wake me up but tend to make me smile to myself later.
Kissing my guy before he goes to work.  Looking forward to kissing him upon his return.
Hot dates.
Trying to balance it all, and sometimes- having it all work out.
Reading books.  Kissing noses.
Encouraging.
Forgiving.  Being forgiven.
Loving and being loved- warts and all.

Keeping house isn't the right word.  When I am asked to write down my "employment" (as I am so often), I proudly write "homemaker".  I like the sound of that.  Making a home is much, much different than merely "keeping house".  The difference is everything.  It really is the best career for me- I'm sure of it.  There's no place I'd rather be.  No place at all.

So glad to be here to do it.

No comments: