Thursday, November 4, 2010

daddy daughter fun

 The girls had their first daddy-daughter date last week.  They were sooo excited and Daddy made a point to be home that night so he could take them on their first "hot date".   They helped him come up with a costume idea, the mad scientist.  (He has the perfect hair, it looks just like this in the morning! . . . Handsome, I mean.)

The best story of this night is that a few guys were coming to deliver a new washer and dryer.  I had been making costumes all week and the house was a wreck.  Wreck with a capital W.  We had been living without a washer for about 2 weeks and so you can imagine the dirty laundry piled everywhere.  And dishes. . .and toys. . .although I don't really have an excuse for those. 

Anyway, the doorbell rang just as Courtney and the girls were getting ready to head out on their date.  I went to tell the delivery men which door to come to.  Pretty soon, Courtney arrived behind me to tell them a little something about the electrical work.  I could see their eyes grow a little big as they looked at him.  Crazy hair, bow tie. . . Courtney didn't even bat an eye.  He just brought them through the house (I'm sure it just added to their view of this being one of "those houses").   They watched without saying much as he showed them around the laundry room.  Finally, he shrugged and said, "Sorry.  It's a costume party." 

The two college-ish aged guys chuckled nervously and then the one answered, "Yeaaah right.  You should see what I dress up like on my days off."


The girls, of course, had a terrific time on their date.  And their Daddy? 

You betcha.  He's mad about girls, too. 

1 comment:

Heather W. said...

I loved their costumes. It was a fun night, glad they could make it. I have some other pics from that night if you want I can email them to you?