Wednesday, April 14, 2010

apparently i love this girl


One fun thing about Kate is her super vocabulary. For as long as I can remember, this girl can use her words! Combine this with the deep way she processes everything, and it makes for some pretty astute observations. She is one of those rare people who thinks everything through backward, forward, and upside down, before she decides to say anything on the subject. I, on the other hand, talk my way into deciding what I think about something-and not always successfully. I've often wished I were more like Kate in this manner. I'll just say that Kate makes for many a great conversation. Her teacher at school often comments that she loves it when Kate raises her hand. She can't wait to hear what my girl has to say.
One example of Kate's fun vocabulary is her latest usage of "apparently". This word is a current favorite, and pops up in most sentences. If you hang around Kate for a minute or two, you may hear things such as:

"Apparently I'm going to need your help."

"Apparently no one shut the door."

"Can you get me a snack, because apparently I'm still hungry".
Every time I hear the word, I smile. I'm pretty sure that she'll soon pick up a new word, and 'apparently' will drop back into occasional usage. For now I'm content to hear her throw it into nearly every sentence.
Because, apparently, this girl is one of a kind. And I like it that way.

No comments: