Thursday, July 10, 2008

High Tea at the Playhouse

The girls and I had a wonderful tea party the other day. Ryenne and Emmy carefully transported the food in the little red wagon.
Before we began, Ryenne gave us a second rendition of her family home evening lesson, reminding us that we should only pretend about tea, because "strong drinks are not for the body". Our menu consisted of tea (water), cucumbers, flower shaped PB & J sandwiches, and "fancy cookies".
I was reminded that each menu item needed to be stacked on it's own individual plate. In case you weren't aware, that's how it's done at a real tea party.

We had a lovely time. Afterwards, I was praised for having done much better at this tea party than the last one. I felt very good for having improved my skills.
Hopefully there will be many tea parties yet to come.
As a side note, I had to add a funny conversation Kate & I had the other day about the playhouse. Daddy has worked really hard on the playhouse, but it's still a work in progress. The outside is almost complete with the exception of paint. However, the inside is still pretty bare. Hopefully we'll get to it before long. . .The other day Kate & I were tidying up the playhouse when she commented that it wasn't much like a real house because of all the cobwebs and it didn't have "real walls". I told her that hopefully soon Dad would get the real walls done, but for now it will be fun to use our imaginations. She replied, "I know. But it will sure be a lot nicer when he gets it done so we don't have to use our imaginations quite so much."
In the meantime, I think they're doing just fine in the imagination department!

2 comments:

Heather W. said...

Kelly.. you are such a fun mom. I think that's awesome that you have little tea parties with your girls. I love it! You have that cute pregnant look, you're so lucky and I love the name Claire. I think that will fit in with your family just nice, By the way your lawn is looking GREAT, I seen the green grass growing, now if only mine would look that way.

Darcie said...

Imagination is SO overrated.

I'm glad you had a lovely time at the tea party. :)