Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pregnant me!

Okay, after many requests, here we are! Everyone keeps asking why I never post pictures of me and my growing tummy, so I finally gave in. Baby Claire and I are doing just fine. We think it's Claire anyway! If not, I have no idea what this little gal will be named! Any ideas are welcome! Courtney has liked the name Claire almost since Emmy was born, and the girls and I love it too. So for now, she's little Claire! And boy, is she a mover and a shaker! It's been almost 4 years since I was last pregnant, so maybe I just don't remember, but this little one gets around! Courtney has been amazed the last few weeks at all of the commotion. I think reality is finally settling in!
I keep having funny dreams that she comes half grown into an adult. One night I dreamed that I had the baby, and within an hour he (it was a boy in this dream) already had teeth. Each hour after that, the baby had grown another foot or so. I remember being mortified and telling Courtney, "We had a Paul Bunyon baby!" Last night I had another dream that I had the baby (this time a girl). She was darling, but weighed about 20 lbs. at birth and was laughing and playing the first time I saw her! Hopefully these dreams are just my crazy hormones and not a premonition of a 10 lb. baby! (That's been known to happen in my family!)
The girls are absolutely giddy with excitement. Everytime I leave them anywhere, they kiss me goodbye and then kiss "Baby Claire" goodbye. No doubt, she'll be very loved! Everytime we go running errands, they beg to buy some little clothes. We'll have to have a little shopping trip soon.
It won't be long now. I think I appreciate the miracle of it all a little more this time. It's pretty amazing to think that soon this little life will be bridging the gap between us and heaven. We can't wait to meet her!

5 comments:

Darcie said...

You look so cute Kelly. I love the name Claire. And I'm sure Claire won't look like Paul Bunyon when she's born :).

dippyrooroo said...

I'm so excited for you Kelly! I love the name Claire too! Babies are such a blessing.

Kami said...

Claire is one of my favorite names-I love it! You look so cute pregnant..and you're such a good mom! Those little girls are lucky to have you!

Lisarue said...

You look so cute! Make room for one more darling Wood girl!

DLonna said...

That is one cute belly!!

Check this off as another vote for Claire.