Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Future Triathletes

Courtney participated in a bunch of triathlons this past summer, and collected a bunch of swimcaps in the process. The girls found them the other day and thought they were quite fashionable!

We are priming them for a future of triathlons.

During one race, Ryenne noticed one of the participants was only about 10 years old. She said, "Mom, that boy was really young."

So I said that it would be fun to have a family team one day when she was a little bit older.

Kate said, "Yeah. Except I'd have to run, because I won't be able to do the bike part- I still have training wheels."

So it was decided that Ryenne would run and Emmy volunteered to do the swim in Bop's (Grandpa C) tube behind his boat.

Watch out triathlon circuit - here we come.

5 comments:

DLonna said...

Your girls seem like they are so much fun! I love their creative ideas. My favorite is the poster on the door. How do they come up with these things?

dippyrooroo said...

Kelly- I just read the comment you left on Darcie's blog about longing for the time when you thought your kids were perfect, and boy can I relate! I sit here, holding my sweet baby Lauren, and being totally in love with her every move, but there's this voice in my head now that says, this isn't going to last forever! One day she'll start talking, and moving independently, and then you'll be sorry! Experience makes us such cynics!

DLonna said...

Kelly,
I was curious what Tara was talking about. Your comment cracked me up. We are happy if they haven't eaten their whole dinner on their plates by the time the prayer is finished. Kids are awesome!!!

DLonna said...

By the way, you need to tell Jodi she is awesome. I think she and I need to get together and talk little boys and not letting people do our hair.

DLonna said...

did you get my email about printing blog? And did it work?