Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Emmy Day!

Being that tommorow is the 11th, it is officially Emmy Day at the W house. In an effort to spend more one -on -one time with the girls, we have been trying a new idea that I read about in the Family Fun magazine. (One of my favorite magazines!)

Every month on the day of their birth, it is that particular child's "day". They get to make the big decisions, (such as where to sit at meals- you know those vital decisions everyone fights over), and go out for a treat with mom or dad (they always pick Dad!).

Here are a few fun tidbits about Emmy:


1) She is the boss at our house. I had an idea that this was the case, but one day she flat-out told me, "I the boss of woo (you) guys." That straightened it out in my mind, and since I've gotten that down, we've gotten along a lot better.


2)She has a favorite outfit that she wears almost every day. It doesn't matter where I hide it, she can find it! It gets pretty grubby. The shirt in fact, is the one she is wearing in this picture. Surprise, surprise.


3)Emmy has an imaginary friend, Katie John. She and Katie have quite the exploits. She is always telling us stories about the bus (which they do not ride), their class at school (which they don't attend, and various other stories. It just depends on what our family is talking about at the time. She always has a Katie John story to add.

By the way, they are apparently very responsible. The other day I had to go to Salt Lake and she didn't want to go. She told me that she and Katie John could stay home and she would babysit. She was VERY upset that I didn't comply with this request.

4)She can't take a normal picture. You may have noticed, in every picture we take she is making a funny face. A modeling career is probably not in her future.


5)Emmy is the boss. (This is so true, I thought it should count for two facts.)

1 comment:

dippyrooroo said...

Happy late Emmy day! I hope it was a fun one!
My Kelsie came to me kind of the way your Emmy did. She was totally in control from day one! We've managed to come to an understanding, but it hasn't been easy!