Monday, October 15, 2007

A bundle of 5's. . .

This list was passed on from a friend (thanks, Tara!) for me to complete. It was a little bit tricky to think of some of them, but here goes. . .

5 things I was doing 10 years ago:

1. Living in Hawaii, attending BYU-H.
2. Happily delivering the campus mail!
3. Talking on the phone with Courtney every chance I got (who returned from his mission this week, 10 years ago- whew, how time flies!)
4. Spendng too much time in the library- too little at the beach. ( I should have gone to Hawaii my freshman year, not when my classes really mattered!)
5. Swaying my hips in my hula class, and preparing for the culture festival where I danced with the tahitian club, (which, by the way is a VERY good workout for the buns if you ever have the chance!) I even made my own grass headband and skirt!

5 things on my to-do list today: (actually tomorrow, as today is gone!)

1. Get up and excersize before girls wake up- new goal for the week. (If I'm still walking. I did a new workout this morning and it kicked my pants.)
2. Get girls to school.
3. Go to Brigham City for my allergy shot. Fun, fun.
4. Primary activiy- I'm praying that it is not complete chaos!
5. Bedtime. (I have to put it on my list, because it is such a fun one to cross off.)

5 songs I know the lyrics to:
1. Chicago- basically the entire greatest hits.
2. Primary songs. (mostly the oldies- I'm finding out there is a lot of new ones!)
3. Jack Johnson (hit and miss)
4. Chris Ledoux - "Look at you girl", etc. He was great.
5. "Twinkle, twinkle", "hush little baby". . you name it, I have to say I'm pretty on top of the kids scene.

5 of my bad habits:
1. Sugar.
2. I jump to conclusions too fast, overreact, and want to solve problems immediately rather that be patient.
3. I compare myself to others.
4. When I start reading a book, I don't get anything else done until I'm finished.
5. I speak before I think. (not a good idea.)

5 things I'd do if I were a millionaire:
1. Hire someone to finish our yard and all of our unfinished house projects. (Actually, I think I would just hire Courtney- I'd be happy to be a paying customer!)
2. Travel the world with my family.
3. Take my kids places where they can see how other people live and how blessed we really are, and. . .
4. Become involved in philanthropic projects (orphanages,etc.) with my family to help others around the world have better lives.
5. I'm not completely positive, but I still think I'd drive a minivan! (At least while my kids are young). It really is handy! (Sorry, Shawn and Kelsey).

5 things I will never wear again: (We can all hope.)
1. Braces
2. Thigh-highs. (Sad to say, but yes, there was a time or two they found themselves on my not -so made for thigh-high legs. )
3. Purple mascara.
4. Charm belt and necklace.
5. Leg warmers.

5 favorite toys:
1. Bosch bread maker.
2. garlic press.
3. automatic van doors.
4. running stroller.
5. cell phone.

I guess that last list says a little thing or two about 5 ways I have changed in the last 10 years. I can about guarantee I wouldn't have listed one of those items on my "toy" list then. My, how times change. (Thank goodness, judging by my list of things I vow to not wear again.)

2 comments:

Tiffany Joy said...

Kelly.. I found your blog off of Kami Capeners. That's how. But I really am serious about training for a triathlon. If you need a workout buddy, I'd love to be it. We shouly really hang out. From reading your blog, out of the things you say and answers you give, we are a lot alike. Anyway, I'll see you at music class. Check me out at jedandtiff.blogspot.com

dippyrooroo said...

That was so much fun to read! I had to go back and read it again! My mom gave me a web address to explain more about the 'chocolate drugs' she deals. I'll e-mail you the link!