Sunday, March 10, 2013

i told him so



We've had soooo much snow this year.  (Thankfully, it's almost gone.) 

It must be said that I'm a fair weather fan regarding snow.  I like it from about oh, lets say about December 1st through New Years.  And then, I'm kind of like, okay, that's good- I'm ready for Spring.  That wasn't exactly how it went down this year.  That being said, it was pretty fun for the kids.  I was really holding out for a snow day a few times, but grrrrr.  I don't know what it would take for us to get a snow day around here.  I would have just kept the kiddos home to play for a day, but knew they'd be missing a bunch of days for our family vacation.  It just seems like there isn't enough time in the day.  I know education is great and all that, but that darn school day gets in the way of being kids sometimes.



Quite a few years ago Courtney fulfulled one of my deepest wishes and got me some cross country skis for Christmas.  We went only once and I loved it but then I got pregnant, and had a baby, and then I got pregnant and had another baby, and- well, you know the rest.  So I've mostly just puttered around the fields with my skis.  The last few winters I've tried to tell Courtney that I thought the kids would love to learn how, but he was not a believer.  Thought they'd hate it, he did.

So.  Then Grandpa J. lets Ryenne borrow his old skis and Kate tries out mine and they love it.  Even Emmy stuffs tissue in the boots so they would stay on and falls around the yard on my skis.  (It was pretty hand actually, because whenever she fell and got all tangled up, she'd just pull her feet out of the boots and get them all straightened out again.)  And then I got to tell Courtney "I told you so", which always brings me great joy.  I also make him say, "yes, you were right and I was wrong" because I like the sound of that sometimes. 



No comments: