Sunday, March 10, 2013

the best medicine


The other morning got off to a rotten start.  I felt more nauseous than normal and had a pounding headache to go with it.   After we got the big girls off, it was just Sam, Claire, me, and my throw-up bucket.  Oh, and The Little Mermaid.  Thank goodness for Ariel on rotten mornings is what I say. 

Well, it turned out that I got feeling just better enough to do some running around because I'm a pretty good chauffeur like that.  Still, I felt pretty icky.  I walked back into the house after ballet lessons that afternoon, trying to rally myself for the whole dinner and bedtime routine.  What I found was Miss Claire, gussied up in a baby blue ballgown, high heels, and a fur shawl.  Of course, I proceeded to tell her how lovely she looked.

"Why, thank you.  I was going to marry Sam, but he wasn't good enough for me."


I laughed.  Out loud.  Laughter really is the best medicine. 

No comments: