Thursday, March 24, 2011

we're very busy around here

We are busy at our house.  Super busy.

(Except just right now, at this moment.)  I'm not really busy at this very second because I'm sitting here typing, drinking my coke, and gearing up for a day of hard work and elbow grease.  I'm not really sure what elbow grease is, except that when I was a little girl and I had a job to do, my dad would tell me to "put a little elbow grease into it!".  I'm gonna do that today, Dad.  Also, I'll just say that I used to be completely grossed out when people started their mornings with a soda pop, but alas.

I'm trying to get organized, but have you ever noticed that sometimes efforts to organize sometimes lead to utter chaos?  Every room in my house is a Disaster.  Disaster with a capital D.  I'm trying to get girls moved into different rooms since we will be sharing spaces now, and if I don't get something figured out today I'm going to call it quits and move to Mexico.  Except maybe I'll move to Hawaii instead because that sounds very nice and a little less complicated.  If you can't face your problems, run from them- that's what I say.

My mom let me in on another secret yesterday which explains the other part of why I feel so overwhelmed.  She said that when she talked to Kate on Friday evening (after our ultrasound), Kate informed her that from now on, we will be very, very busy.  When my mom questioned her further, Kate explained that if the baby was a girl we wouldn't have much to do.  Basically we could just move a girl into this place with nary a blink of an eye.  A boy, however is going to be a whole different ballgame.  Kate proceeded to tell how her mom and dad would now have so, so much to do.  But first and foremost?  "The first thing they've got to do is go and get some boxers,"  she said decidedly.  My mom apologized for not having called me to check in on us for a few days, but said she had refrained on account of knowing that we'd be off buying boxers anyhow.

Phew.  I thought I was busy before, but now?  I hadn't even put boxer buying on my list yet, and suddenly I can clearly see that it's a top priority.  I suppose I should talk to Kate asap to find out what else I'm neglecting.  I'm sure there's loads of things I haven't even thought of.  Scout shirts, football uniforms, college resumes to fill out. . .

I guess I'm gonna need more elbow grease than I thought.





ps.  I'm a bit hesitant to post such scandalous pictures, but I need another opinion.  We're having a hard time believing we are really, truly having a boy (for obvious reasons).  Daily, we pour over the pictures and try to figure out if the little. . . uh. . .you know what I mean could actually just be an umbilical cord, or er. . . .something.  Anyway, we just plain ol' haven't ever seen a boy in an ultrasound so we're a little bit hesitant to believe.  Any second opinions?  After all, I hate to go buy a boatload of boxers when I all I really need is panties.  You know, we're pretty prepared in the panty department, and it would free up all sorts of time for me if I don't need to go boxer shopping.  Thanks for you help. . .


4 comments:

Trisha said...

I love it! Have fun boxer shopping.

DLonna said...

Look like the head is poking out of that turtle. Must be a boy!

Heather W. said...

Looks like a boy to me, I'm so excited for you guys!

Breely said...

Wow! A Boy congratulations Kelly! He is sure to get tons of love! You have a wonderful family! Let me know when your girls can come play, we'd love to help you out when you go to a doctor appt or anytime!