Friday, December 17, 2010

guilty as charged

We had a rough morning.

In fact, I lost my temper at Ryenne, who then reported me to the authorities.  She told Courtney that I swore at her.  This, of course, immediately peaked his interest.  "She did, huh?," Courtney asked (with a half-grin, I'm sure). 

Sure enough, Ryenne threw me under the bus.  "She told me that I had made her morning h-e-double-hockey-sticks."

She's right, I did.  But I was right, because she did.  I will be truthful and admit my guilt- yes, I did say just that.  But does it really count if I tell you that deep down, I really don't feel all that guilty about it, because I was just calling it the way I saw it?  It was the truth, I swear.  (Oh, I already did that, didn't I.)

To her credit, she plead guilty.  When her Dad asked her what she thought about the whole ordeal, she answered, "I think she was kinda right."  Kinda?  Well, I'll take what I can get.

So, for the verdict:  Guilty times two.  I'm guilty for having said a naughty word, and Ryenne's guilty for having deserved it. 

Give us a little credit, please.  At least we're honest.

No comments: