Sunday, August 16, 2009

my seven kids

About a month ago, I was lucky enough to get my sister's three youngest sons for a few days while their mom and dad were participating in Trek. Courtney was out of town, and so it was just me and my seven kids. We had a fun, crazy time. The girls loved having Kadin, Creighton, and Cooper to play with. We stayed pretty busy with swimming lessons with Aunt Kerri and the kids did plenty of exploring. We even took them for our daily lamb walk. (These city boys didn't quite know what to think of that! I don't think they said a word the whole time- I'm sure they were wondering why their crazy cousins were walking down the road with lambs on leashes. My thoughts exactly, boys.) The first afternoon I made enough macaroni and cheese for everyone, dished up paper plates, and sent everyone with a plate out to the picnic table. I was thinking I was pretty efficient until 5 of the 7 plates got spilled on the carpet, tipped over by Cooper, and smeared across the cement.

All in all, things went pretty smoothly, with the exception of mealtime, bedtime, and loading up to leave time. Other than that? Smooth as silk. I'm pretty much thinking I'm ready to tackle seven full time.

You can take a breath now Courtney, I'm totally kidding.

1 comment:

Darcie said...

Nice job Kelly... see, multiple children isn't too bad, right?