Thursday, April 9, 2009

our cosmic anniversary

Last weekend was our 11th anniversary. Seriously. The years are happily flyin' by. Uncle Josh and Grandpa J stepped up to be babysitters, and so we decided to head to the local bowling alley for some stiff competition and a gourmet dinner. We had a lovely ham pizza (they were out of pineapple), which we ate on french fry trays (they were out of plates too). Best of all, we laughed a lot. What a hot date.

We were very excited to find out that it was cosmic bowling night too. Could it get any better? We played 5 games (one to warm up), and felt very flashy in our glow-in-the-dark duds and slick shoes. Unfortunately for me, even with a 15 pt. handicap, Courtney kicked my pants. (With a combined total of 502 smashing my 424). So, I'm thinking I know what he does all those evenings in Moab and Delta. Perhaps T&L has a secret bowling league?
We had to snap a few pictures of ourselves to remember the occasion. What a handsome couple. If only we could get ourselves in the picture!











I read a quote a few days ago. It said something like this, "Love isn't simply gazing into each others eyes. It is standing together and looking in the same direction." I liked that.
Here's to another fantastic eleven years. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. What a blast, I like...The facing in the same direction. That is important

Darcie said...

Man, the time has flown! Congrats to you both. And yep, that date sounded like a whopper!