Sunday, April 26, 2009

cycle of life

This is Thomas and Lily, the caterpillars.
This is the house where Thomas and Lily live.

These are Thomas and Lily's mothers.

Like all good mothers, they love to watch their children. They spend a lot of time observing, playing, feeding, and doing their best to ensure all is well in their loved one's world.

They have already noticed the changes happening to Thomas and Lily. They are
growing. . .changing. They know that someday, not all that far away, Thomas and Lily will make a wondrous, miraculous transformation. Day by day, these little mothers are witnessing the process of becoming. One day they will awaken to find that the little ones they have tended are ready to embark on a new phase of life. They will be lovely and beautiful creatures, ready to leave their safe little cocoon and all that they know. They will spread their wings and take flight- off to explore the world on their own.

And although it is very exciting for the mothers to think about, it also makes them a little sad.

I think I know just how they feel.

2 comments:

Darcie said...

I've been reading all your posts Kelly! Wish I was able to comment on every one. The post about the single moms was very insightful. I often wonder how in the world my mom did it. I would never make it!

Darcie said...

Kell... where are you? You haven't posted forever! Are you alright? I miss your posts!