Friday, April 20, 2012

the littles



Claire loves Samuel.  He may view this as a good or bad thing, depending on the moment. 

The other day I walked into the family room to find him hanging by his feet off the living room couch, as she was trying to pull him up beside her.  After I rescued him, I talked with Claire, trying to figure out what in the heck she was doing.  Turns out, she just wanted him to sit by her so they could watch a movie together.  Lucky for us, he's such a mellow fellow, he just takes it all in stride.  In fact, he thinks she's pretty great too, and lights up whenever they're together. 

Yesterday as I sat on the floor playing with the two of them, I was imagining the two of them growing up together.  I find myself calling the older three girls "the bigs", and these two "the littles".  It was fun to think of the "littles" running outside together next summer, climbing up the steps of the school bus together, and then being teenagers together someday.  Here's to hoping they'll always want to hang out.

No comments: