Wednesday, April 25, 2012

dad's advice


This morning, Emmy told her dad and I the latest news from first grade, speaking in her million-words-a-minute style.  "Mom.  Dad.  Yesterday, this boy in my class (whose shall go unnamed), wrote a note to my friend, and the note said, 'You are so beautiful to me.  Can I have your phone number, please.' "  With her juicy bit of news spilled out, she nodded and reaffirmed, "He wrote that.  He really did."

Her dad responded with the appropriate (and hoped for) shock and awe.  "Wow.  That's heavy stuff!"  And then he doled out his own bit of advice to his girl.  "Okay, Em.  If you get a note like that, here's what you do.  You write one back that says this:  1-800-forget-about-it." 

Of course, Emmy's eyes sparkled.  I'm pretty sure she can't wait to try it out.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Please tell me that it was not my boy that is remaining nameless. I would have to have a talk with him. Maybe I will anyway...1st grade?