Wednesday, March 25, 2009

lucky me

An hour or so ago, I was having a "poor me" moment.

We arrived home after bedtime, and so I worked quickly to calm everyone down, bark out bedtime orders, and shoo the girls to bed. Next I grabbed a little something to eat for a belated dinner, and tried to breathe for what seems like the first time today. And a hundred little devils started tromping through my head, confirming to me how rough I have it.

Tired. Misunderstood. Overworked. Unappreciated.

Poor me.

But just a few minutes ago, as I sat alone enjoying the peace and quiet of my little house, Kate appeared. Looking for "blankie". Together, we put on our detective glasses and went to hunt down her green, polka dotted, slightly dirty, but very beloved blanket. And as our magnifying glasses zeroed in on the prize, we giggled. And then she hugged me and said, "Mom, you're funny". And I said, "I try." And I scooted her off to bed.

And then I thought to myself, "I'm lucky." And my little world became a happy place again.

Just like that.

1 comment:

Lisarue said...

Your family is so cute!!! We do need to get together now that it is getting warmer.