Tuesday, March 17, 2009

happy 60th mom!

Mom, Happy Birthday to You! I’ve been thinking of you often lately and the many things you have taught me. So much to think about . . .

Thank you for teaching me to look outside myself.

Thanks for instilling in me a love of learning and books.
What a gift!

I’m so glad you taught us how to care for a home. The cooking, cleaning, working.


Thank you for teaching us the importance of kindness and thoughtfulness.
Thank you for teaching us manners.

Thank you for the traditions.
The magic of believing.

Thank you for reminding me to pay attention to details.
That it is important to take the time to make my life and my home beautiful.
That all of this really matters. But it's not the only thing that matters.

Thank you for teaching me to pray when I need help.
That my Heavenly Father is listening and wants me to be happy.

Thank you for listening.
And making me feel like what I’m thinking about it important.



Thank you for making me feel like a superwoman when I finish a race.
For being proud of me. For cheering me on.

Thank you for your wisdom.
Thank you for loving Courtney.
And the girls.

Thank you for the countless hours you spend helping me when Courtney is away.
And even when he’s not.


Thank you for helping me remember to love being a mother.
That this stage won’t last forever-
diapers and tantrums and dirty fingerprints will be gone all too soon.
That someday I’ll look back and laugh at the difficult moments.
And even miss them a little.
So many, many things.

But above all, there is one thing I’m especially grateful for.
Thank you for teaching me to jump in with both feet.

To not be scared to try something new.
To not let my fear of what others think hold me back.
To not be afraid to try.
whether it’s cooking, decorating, gardening, teaching, leading, mothering.
You’ve taught me that I can pretty much do what I want.
If I want to.
That life isn’t rocket science.
It’s just an opportunity to learn.
And I should seize each opportunity.
And not be afraid.

Because I’m a daughter of God.
Who loves me.
And my mom does too
.

Thank you for all the little things. You have taught me what a wonderful thing it is to be a righteous daughter of God. You showed us that we have an important, wonderful role to fulfill. Your goodness, strength, and unselfish desire to do what is right has taught me to love being a wife and a mother, even on the rough days. You taught me that I am important. And that other people are too. Thank you, thank you. I love you. I admire you. I hope to be like you.

Happy Birthday! Kelly Jeannett

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly you are wonderful just like your Mom. Happy birthday Meta, sorry it is belated.