Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our Energizer Bunny

Emmy, otherwise referred to as "Skippy", still has as much energy as ever. Try as I might, bedtime with Emmy is often an effort in futility. A few weeks ago when Courtney was out of town, he called home at about 10:30 pm. When he asked if everyone was in bed, I told him that Emmy was currently wearing Ryenne's tap shoes and was tap dancing on our bathroom floor. By 11:30 that night, she was standing in my bed singing the "Macarena", complete with actions. I tried my best to lay very still and pretend she was asleep. Up until this point, I was not aware she knew what the Macarena was. Silly me. At some point, I'm sure I'll figure out a magic solution to our bedtime dilemna. Until then, maybe I need to switch to her brand of batteries.

No comments: