Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Diagnosis: Spring Fever

The other day the girls got home from school, excited to have some sunshine. Ryenne immediately asked if they could put on shorts and play barefoot in the mud. (We have lots of mud at our house!) I tried to explain that even though the sky was blue and the sun was shining, it was still too cold to play in bare feet, and that the mud had actually been covered in ice that morning. Of course, Ryenne thought I was the meanest mom in the world for making them wear boots and snow coats outside to play. They were only outside a few minutes when Emmy came inside after having an accident. I got her in the tub and decided I'd better check on Ryenne and Kate. Well, you can guess what I found! Both girls had rolled their pants roll up to their knees and were past their ankles (bare ankles, of course) in the mud. And they were loving every minute of it!

I immediately began to rant, "Ryenne Ashleigh Wood, what are you thinking?" when I stopped. I realized I just had to laugh. And I definitely had to take a picture. The best was the look of relief on the girls faces when they realized I was laughing.

I had my suspicions, but now they are confirmed. We have a full blown case of Spring Fever at our house.

2 comments:

Heather W. said...

Burr that looks cold. Little girls and mud?!?!? I would have never thought that... so cute though!!

JeN said...

How cute.. My girls would have done the same thing!!! Hopefully it warms up so they can really get dirty!!!