Tuesday, October 27, 2009

perspective

A week ago I was going about a fairly typical day. Get the kids off to school. . . Call the pharmacy for a prescription. . . Load the breakfast dishes. . .

I was on my way to pick up Emmy from preschool when I received a phone call.

"Kelly, this is Mom. Shawn has been in a head on collision with a semi. He is in your van. Please call the temple and then call everyone and tell them to start praying."


It took one phone call to change the way I look at my life.

How do I spend my time?

Am I investing enough energy into the things that matter most?

Do the people I love most know much I love them?

What do I need to change about myself and my relationships, and how am I going to do it?

What is my purpose. ..my "mission" in life? Am I asking?







One little phone call can do a lot to change your perspective.

1 comment:

Darcie said...

As scary as that phone call was, aren't you so grateful for those reality checks every so often?... Mine often come in the form of conference talks (ie., Pres. Eyring's from Sun morning session). FYI, conference talks are a lot less nerve-wracking than head-on collision phone calls. :)