Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thankful to be running. .

Yesterday was Courtney's Uncle Doug's funeral. He had been a quadraplegic for almost 35 years, after breaking his neck when he was only 17. This has given me quite a bit to think about the last day or so. I sometimes get frustrated about being so busy, and feel like I'm always running to and fro. Anyway, this morning as I've been cleaning and thinking about Doug, I have been pondering how grateful I am that I am so busy. It occured to me that most all of the activities, callings, etc. that we are running to and from are things that we want to do- things that we choose and enjoy. What a blessing to be able to get out and go where we want to go and be able to do so many fun activities whenever we want to! What a silly thing to complain about. I'm thinking that the ability to "go running" (whether it is for excersize, playing with the kids, or just to get to the next activity), is a very good part of my life. I was touched yesterday, when at the cemetary, all of the kids released purple balloons into the air, which were quickly carried by the wind up into the blue sky. I thought of Doug, who now is free to run whenever he pleases. It's funny how much I take for granted. Hopefully, I'll look at my daily to-do lists a little bit differently now. A day full of running? How lucky am I!

3 comments:

Darcie said...

great thoughts kelly. i take a lot for granted that i shouldn't. hope you had a grest thanksgiving. i miss you!

Darcie said...

great thoughts kelly. i take a lot for granted that i shouldn't. hope you had a grest thanksgiving. i miss you!

The Morris Family said...

Hi Kelly, this is Keri Beth. I somehow found your blog. Your family is so cute! I saw that you and your daughter ran in the Turkey Trot, way to go!!! I hope everything is going good for you and your family! I can't believe ow old we are getting! Stay in touch!!